Upper Dolpo Trek, situated in the mid-western part of the country between the Dhaulagiri mountain range and the Tibetan plateau is one of the most thrilling and challenging treks to the remote and isolated areas of Nepal. The Upper Dolpo Trek Traverse Sangda-La Pass is a journey to pure Tibetan region that takes through the undiscovered route in the mountain territory from the foothills of the massive Himalayas to several high passes and remote villages, connecting the desserts of Upper Dolpo with the beautiful Kali Gandaki valley in Mustang.
The 32-day amazing journey to Upper Dolpo begins with your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. After a short stay at Kathmandu, the trip to Upper Dolpo continues with an amazing scenic flight above the hills and massive Himalayan ranges to Jhupal, which is also the starting point of the trekking journey, via Nepalgunj. The trekking route takes trekkers along lush tropical forests, beautiful valleys, and different traditional settlements. The route to Upper Dolpo also passes through Lower Dolpo. Moving alongside Suligad Gorge, you come across the beautiful “Shey Phoksundo Lake”, the deepest lake of Nepal with the depth of 145m. You also trek past the beautiful remote village of Ringmo and cross the first pass Nagdalo La (5350m) or Kang La that leads you to the sacred Shey Gompa, one of the ancient Buddhist monasteries in Dolpo. Throughout the trekking journey, you pass a series of high passes which offer extraordinary views of Dhaulagiri and Kanjirowa ranges along with Crystal Mountain and many other mountain ranges. Dolpo is equally rich in culture, as it has been considered as the last reserve of pure Tibetan culture left in the world. The area is less populated and is inhabited by the Tibetan community called drokpas, who still practice the pre-Buddhist Bon Po religion. The trek passes through many Tibetan villages of Saldang, Khomagaon, Shimen, Tinkyu Mendo, Sangda, Chharka Bhot, and so on which provide you an opportunity to learn and understand the Tibetan culture, tradition, and lifestyle. Traversing across Sangla La (5120m), the trail reaches the Valley of Kali Gandaki River, taking you to Jomsom in Mustang. Unlike many other treks, the trekking route to Upper Dolpo is uncharted and tough which provides trekkers an unprecedented adventure.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1340m) and Transfer to the hotel
Day 2: Visit of Kathmandu Valley
Day 3: Flight to Nepalgunj (130m)
Day 4: Flight to Juphal (2490m)
Day 5: Trek to Sulighat (2075m)
Day 6: Trek to Chhepka (2675m)
Day 7: Trek to Amchi hospital (3110m)
Day 8: Walk from Amchi Hospital to Ringmo Gaon (Phoksundo Lake) (3725m)
Day 9: Acclimatization day at Ringmo Gaon (Village)
Day 10: Trek to Chabluk Phu (3625m)
Day 11: Trek to Nagdalo Base Camp (Snowfield Camp) (4625m)
Day 12: Trek to Shey Gompa (4375m).
Day 13: Explore the area around Shey Gompa
Day 14: Trek to Namgung (4430m)
Day 15: Trek to Saldang (3980m)
Day 16: Rest day at Saldang Village
Day 17: Trek to Khomagaon (4100m)
Day 18: Trek to Mendo (4000m)
Day 19: Trek to Tinkyu (Tinje) (4110m)
Day 20: Explore the Tinkyu (Tinje) Campaign
Day 21: Trek to Rapka (4535m)
Day 22: Trek to Chharka Bhot (4110m)
Day 23: Exploring the Chharka Bhot Campaign
Day 24: Trek to Norbulung (4750m)
Day 25: Trek to Molum Sumdo (4860m)
Day 26: Trek to Sangda Phedi (5100m) via Sangda-La Pass
Day 27: Trek to Santa Village (3710m)
Day 28: Trek to Phalyak (3175m)
Day 29: Trek to Jomsom (2724m)
Day 30: Flight to Pokhara and flight back to Kathmandu
Day31: Transfer to Kathmandu Airport
Price includes :
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* 5 nights deluxe accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at 3* hotel in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj.
* Sightseeing tour as per above mentioned itinerary and entry fees.
* All domestic flight tickets and airport tax.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the camping trek.
* Camping/Tented accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Trekking camping equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.).
* Upper and Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
* Shey Phoksundo National Park Permit.
* Annapurna Conservation Area Permit.
* All necessary permits.
* The agency offers waterproof barrel bag 100L
*Welcome dinner at kathmandu
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters due to natural calamities during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver…
Note: The conditions stated on itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. Based on your interest, we also serve you customized packages. The itineraries can be customized according to the length of your stay and financial procurement. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.