The valleys of Nar and Phu are spectacular areas inhabited by Tibetan ethnic groups. They have recently been opened to the world of mountain hiking. This route combines high peaks, high passes, amazing rock formations, yaks, gompas, monasteries, yaks and a unique Himalayan culture. The trek begins with the classic Annapurna Tour where the bridge spans the Maryland River to open up to a vast expanse of snow-capped peaks, ancient villages and high-altitude pastures.
Tilman was the first to explore this region in the 1950s after 2 long days of walking from the Tibetan border. This area was closed to hikers until the end of 2002. Very few Westerners had the chance to explore unspoiled villages or climbed the many peaks of more than 7000m surrounding it. We will venture into this remote Upper Manang region. This trek is really “off the beaten track” and a real adventure! Do not miss this trip around Manaslu and in the distant Nar-Phu!
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Preparation day and visit of the Kathmandu valley
Day 03: Transfer by road to Bensisahar and Jagat by jeep (1300m) 8hrs
Day 04: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani (1860m) 5hrs
Day 05: Trek from Dharapani to Koto (2600m) 6hrs
Day 06: Trek from Koto to Meta (3560m) 6hrs
Day 07: Meta Trek to Kyang and Phu (4000m) 6hrs
Day 08: Trek from Phu Village to Mahendra Pul (Nar Phedi) (4080m) 5hrs
Day 09: Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar village 5hrs
Day 10: Day of rest in the village of Nar / Excursion
Day 11: Trek from Nar to Nagwal (3660m) after crossing the pass Kang La (4530m) 8hrs
Day 12: Trek from Nagwal to Manang (3540m) and Kangsar (3734m) hrs
Day 13: Kangsar Trek to Tilicho Base Camp (4150m) 5hrsy
Day 14: Tilicho Lake Base Camp and Mesokanto Pass (5200m) to Yak Kharka 8hrs
Day 15: Trek from Yak Kharka to Jomsom (2720m) 4hrs
Day 16: Fly back to Pokhara and visit the city
Day 17: Flight back to Kathmandu / Free day / sightseeing
Day 18: Transfer to Kathmandu airport
Note: The itinerary above is the most favorable and adapted route according to our expertise. However, we can change the itinerary depending on the length of your stay in Kathmandu and add the Tilicho Lake. For that, don’t hesitate to contact us by mail:email@example.com
The price includes:
• Transfers between the airport and the hotel to and from the hotel by car.
• 4 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu and 2 nights in a hotel in Pokhara.
• Transportation by road to Jagat and return to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
• Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
• Permits and entry fees to national parks.
• All meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and coffee).
• Accommodation in guest houses / lodges during the trek.
• The coaching staff during the trek
• Accommodation costs, insurance, meals for your companions
• The agency offers a 100L waterproof trekking bag
• Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
The price exclude
• Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
• Your personal medical insurance and mandatory repatriation
• Nepalese visa fees
• Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, sodas and mineral or purified water
• Your personal equipment needed for the trek
• Optional gratuities to supervisory staff, bearers
• Your expenses and personal expenses.