Inner Dolpo, located in the mid-western region of Nepal, is certainly one of Nepal’s best trekking regions, for it takes trekkers beyond the tranquil Phoksundo Lake through ancient trading routes to the Tibetan border crossing high passes, steep valleys, Tibetan village settlements, lush green forests, and arid landscape. Inner Dolpo Trek allows trekkers to traverse through the unexplored land of Dolpo and to experience the purity of Tibetan Buddhism practiced widely in the area.
The 26-days trek to the beautiful Inner Dolpo begins with your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. The trip continues with a short flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, followed by another flight to Juphal. The trek begins from Jhupal following the trails of Suli Gad and Phoksundo River that pass through the dense alpine forest of rhododendrons, oaks and pines, grassy fields, and different remote villages until you reach the beautiful Phoksundo Lake: the deepest lake of Nepal. You trek through Shey Phoksundo National Park where you may encounter different Himalayan wildlife like snow leopard, blue sheep, Ghoral, Himalayan black beer, and so on. You also cross high pass of Kang-La (5350m) that takes you to the ancient Shey Gompa situated on the foot of the holy Crystal Mountain, which is one of the main attractions of Inner Dolpo. Visitors from all around Dolpo circumambulate around Crystal Mountain every year. The trails also take you through ancient paths created by Tibetan salt traders. You also trek past the beautiful valley of Tarap Chu and the village of Dho Tarap surrounded by a jagged stone wall. Besides amazing scenery, Inner Dolpo is equally rich when it comes to Tibetan culture. The people of Dolpo still practice pre-Buddhist Bon religion, and the region is also known as the land of rare Bon monasteries. Throughout the trek, you get to visit many ancient monasteries as you ascend and descend from the open valley with the dry and barren landscape to vegetation, an old fortress, terraced fields, and abundant wildlife.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Kathmandu airport.
Day 02: flying from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Day 03: Early departure for the flight to Juphal where we start our hike to Sulighat (2050m). (3 hours)
Day 04: Walk from Sulighat to Chhepka (2970m), crossing the Anke Khola river. (7)
Day 05: Ascent of the gorge to Samduwa (3085m) by the small village of Renje. (7 hrs)
Day 06: Marhce to Ringmo and Lake Phoksundo (3600m). (7 hrs)
Day 07: Acclimatization day at Phoksundo Lake.
Day 08: Trek the trail by the lake and climb the ridge to a campsite beyond the north shore. 8 hours of walking
Day 09: Trek in the footsteps of Peter Matthiesson to the Snowfield Camp (4650m) at the foot of Kang La. 6h trek
Day 10: Cross the Kang La (5350 m) in Inner Dolpo and Shey Gompa (4370 m). (8h)
Day 11: A day of rest and exploration at Shey Gompa.
Day 12: Cross the Sela La (5100m) to the pastures of Namgung (4415m). (8 hrs)
Day 13: Walk to Saldang (4070m) near the Tibetan border. (3 hours)
Day 14: Walk to Sibu (4150m), passing by the monasteries of Samdo. (6h)
Day 15: Climb the pastures under Jeng La. (6h)
Day 16: Cross the Jeng La (5220m). Views of Dhaulagiri. Get off at Tokyu (4160m). (7h)
Day 17: Descent of the Tarap valley towards Dho Tarap (4020 m). 8 hours of walking
Day 18: Pension day for possible delays.
Day 19: Walk through the pastures of blue sheep towards Shim Ora (3647m). (7h)
Day 20: Walk through Tarap Chu Gorge and descent to Kanigaon (2620m). (7h)
Day 21: Walk to Tarakot from where it is possible to visit the fortified settlement of Gumba Tera. (6h)
Day 22: Follow the Barbung Khola to Dunai (2090m). (6h)
Day 23: Walk to Juphal airstrip. (4h)
Day 24: Flight from Juphal to Nepalgunj in Kathmandu.
Day 25: A free day in Kathmandu that can also be used as a contingency.
Day 26: Transfer to Kathmandu airport.
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights deluxe accommodation with breakfast at 3* hotel in Kathmandu and Standard Hotel in Nepalgunj.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Tented accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and necessary porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
* Trekking camping equipment (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
* All domestic flights and airport tax.
* Upper and Lower Dolpo Restricted Area permit.
* All necessary permits.
* All transportation by private car.
* The agency offers waterproof barrel bag 100L
*Welcolme diner at Kathmandu.
* Any meals in Kathmandu and Nepagunj other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipment like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included,
Note: The conditions stated on itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. Based on your interest, we also serve you customized packages. The itineraries can be customized according to the length of your stay and financial procurement.if you have any question do not hesitate to contact:email@example.com.