Among many beautiful places in Nepal, Phoksundo Lake is considered one of the most beautiful and exotic tourist destinations located in Dolpo, the largest territorial district. Phoksundo Lake Trek is a short and easy journey to one of the most beautiful and deepest lakes of Nepal. Phoksundo is an alpine freshwater lake which is also considered sacred by the followers of Buddhist and Bon-po religions, making the trek an amazing mix of nature and culture.
The 11-day trip starts with your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. The trip to Phoksundo Lake continues next day with a flight to Nepalgunj which lies in the lowland of western Terai, just 8 km away from Indian Border. After a brief stay in Nepalgunj, we fly to Juphal, the starting point of our trek to Phoksundo Lake. The trekking trail ascends and descends through a densely forested path filled with oaks, pines, and fir trees with a view of several waterfalls along the way. The route also passes through several picturesque traditional villages like Dunai, Chhepka, Jharana Hotel, and Shyanta. The trekkers also come across the view of a magnificent 330m high waterfall. The area is also equally rich in wildlife which gives trekkers an opportunity to get sight of some endangered species like musk deer, snow leopard, blue sheep, Tibetan sheep, Himalayan tahr, and so on. A short stay at the mesmerizing Phoksundo Lake is bound to make you feel calm and peaceful as you relish the beauty of the lake along with the view of Kanjirowa Himal (6612m) accompanied by a visit to the various monasteries surrounding the lake
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to the hotel
Day 2: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by plane
Day 3: Flight Nepaljunj to Juphal / Walk of Juphal to Dunai (2150m)
Day 4: Walk from Dunai to Chhepka (2670m) (6-7 hrs)
Day 5: Chhepka Walk to Jharana Hotel (5-6 hrs)
Day 6: Walk from Jharana Hotel to Phoksundo Lake (5-6 hrs)
Day 7: Shey Phoksundo Lake-day off
Day 8: Phoksundo Walk to Shyanta / (6-7 hrs)
Day 9: Sangta walk to Juphal / (5-6 hrs) Day 10: Juphal to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu by flight
Day 11: Transfer to Kathmandu airport.
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
* 3 nights accommodation with breakfast at Hotel in Kathmandu and Hotel in Nepalgunj.
* Basic Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee, hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Accommodation in basic home-stay or simple lodge during the trek
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly Guide & porters (1 porter per 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments and their insurance.
* Round Trip flight from KTM/Nepalgunj/Juphal/Nepalgunj/KTM.
* Shey Phoksundo National Park permit.
* Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
* Government taxes.
* Office Service charge.
*Agency offers a barrel bag of 100l
*Welcome dinner at kathmandu
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to Nepal
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee. You may easily get the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International
Airport – Kathmandu.
* Items and expenses of personal nature
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments
* Tips for guide, porters, driver…
-any cost which occur due the delay of flights, additional hotel cost, food etc.
Note: The conditions stated on itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. Based on your interest, we also serve you customized packages. The itineraries can be customized according to the length of your stay and financial procurement.if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.