Dolpo Jomsom Trek traverses Musi Khola and Jungben La is one of the most audacious treks in the NepalHimalayas that moves through truly off-the-beaten trails connecting Dolpo with Annapurna region. This trek is ideal for thrill seekers who do not mind getting lost in the wilderness of the Himalayas as the trails are quite, and sometimes without human settlements. The trails are untouched and unspoiled thus you can get a firsthand experience of trekking in the remote areas on the foot of the Dhaulagiri massif.
Dolpo Jomsom Trek starts with your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, from where you first fly to Nepalgunj and then take a scenic flight along the Himalayan range to Juphal, the administrative office of Dolpo. The trail takes you past vast and rugged landscapes, fortified villages, ancient monasteries, and Chortens. The villages like Kakkot and Mukot are untouched and are visited by only a few outsiders. The quite trails take you through deep forests, wide meadows, rocky paths, and moraines, giving you an exhilarating experience. Walking past the grazing area of Yak Kharka, you reach Niwas High Camp, where you can find yourself surrounded by sparkling mountains from all sides. Up ahead are two high passes Niwas La (5120m) and Jungben La (5550m). The views of the Dolpo region and the Himalayan ranges, including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massifs, seen from these high passes are absolutely stunning. The latter part of the trek takes you into the quiet paths of Kali Gandaki valley, contrary to the popular route alongside the river. The trek comes to an end as you make your way through the forest to reach Jomsom.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by plane
Day 03: Nepalgunj to Juphal by flight and to Dunai
Day 04: Walk from Dunai to Tarakot (2931 m)
Day 05: March from Tarakot to Musikhola
Day 06: Walk from Mushikhola to Kakkotgaon
Day 07: Kakkotgaon walk to the village of Pimring
Day 08: Walking from Pimring to Mukotgaon
Day 09: Mukotgaon march to Yak Kharka
Day 10: Walk from Yak Kharka to Nulung Sumde
Day 11: Nulung Sumde walk to Niwas camp (5000 m).
Day 12: Walk from Niwas camp in Niwas La Pass (5120m) to Jungben La Pass (5550m) to Ghaldan Ghuldun (4247m).
Day 13: Walk from Ghaldang Ghuldung to Santa (3777 m).
Day 14: Walk from the village of Santa to Phalyak
Day 15: Walk from the village of Phalyak to Jomsom
Day 16: Jomsom to Pokhara and Kathmandu by plane
Day 17: Transfer to Kathmandu airport.
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu and Standard hotel in Nepalgunj.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter for 2 person), their food & accommodation, bus ticket, salary, equipments and insurance.
* All transportation.
* Annapurna Consevation Area Permit.
* Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit
* All necessary permits
* Domestic flight ticket Pokhara/Jomsom/Juphal/Nepalganj/KTM and Domestic airport tax.
* All Camping Equipments (Dinning Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, Guest Tent, Mattresses) and Kitchen equipments (Utensils).
* The agency offers waterproof barrel bag 100L
*Welcome dinner at kathmandu.
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.